- Click Project from the menu bar
- Click Add Project, input fields will appear. If you belong to more than one editorial group, you will be asked to pick a group to associate the project with.
- Fill in all required fields and provide any additional information that will be useful.
• Name – Project name (e.g. CLTP-141200 print), see Project Naming Rules below for more details.
• Description – A brief description of the project, optional
• Brand – Publication or associated brand
• Platform – The media channel with which the project is associated, usually print or web. Note that fields change with each platform.
• Department – The department responsible for the project, e.g. Editorial, Finance, etc.*****
• On Sale Date (print) – The on-sale date for the print issue.
• Pub Code (print) – The pub code for the associated print issue.
• Issue Code (print) – The issue code for the associated print issue.
• Destination Website (web) – The URL of the destination website.
• Type – This describes what kind of project is being created, e.g. print runsheet, web runsheet, etc.
• Owner – Usually Managing Editor.
• Status – Whether or not the project is currently active.
• Start Date – The beginning date of the project, will be automatically calculated based on the Completion date and task durations
• Due Date – Project end date, should coincide with due date of the final task
- Click Save
Project Naming Convention
Projects names need to follow strict naming convention for easy identification and uniformity across all brands. Projects are named with a brand/pub code, date/issue code, and project type.
Brand/pub codes – Use a 4 character code for print projects and a 3 character code for group projects (i.e. weblog):
- TTN – Truck Trend Network
- FWN – Four Wheeler Network
- HRN – Hot Rod Network
- SSN – Super Street Network
- SCN – Super Chevy Network
- M3N – Mustang 360 Network
- Use 6 digits to specify a date/issue code.
- The last two digits are usually “00” except when identifying an SIP or projects that occur more than once a month in which case these numbers would be 01, 02, 03, etc.
- Print runsheet – TRUP-140400 print
- Web runsheet – TRU-140400 web
- Web log – TTN-140401 weblog (for first week in April)
- Print to XML to Web – TRUP-140400 XML
- Buyout – TRUP-140400 buyout