- Click Content> Content Items from the menu bar
- Click Add Content
- Fill in all required fields and provide any additional information that will be useful.
• Title – The content item name (e.g. CLTP-141200 print), see Content Naming Rules below for more details.
• Assigning Editor – the editor responsible for this content, not necessarily the content creator, but the editor in charge of managing its creation.
• Description – a brief description of the content item
• Category – Section groupings to help organize content
• Type – This refers to the type of content being defined (text, photography, video, illustrations, etc.)
• Notes – An open text field for any notes about the content
• Due Date – the delivery date for the final content
- Click Save
Content Naming Convention
Content Item names need to follow strict naming convention for easy identification and uniformity across all brands.
- Naming convention should be 4-8 descriptive words. This is similar to a subject line of an email.
- Should be descriptive so that any lay person can understand the title
- In most cases should be channel and brand neutral (no slug or issue code)
- Should be search friendly
In order to differentiate among several recurring print-based departments (such as cover, masthead, table of contents, statement of ownership, ad index, indicia, etc.), a pub/issue code should be added to the end of the Content Item title.
- Table of contents TRUP-140400
- Masthead TTRP-140900
- Cover DSLP-140700