1. On-boarding freelancers into the system
Freelance contributors need to be on-boarded before they can access the system. Additionally, they need to provide updated payment information at the same time. Assigning editors need to request freelance contributors provide necessary information directly to ICE administrators. Assigning editors should use the on-boarding email template to email prospective freelance contributors. Once added to the system, the freelancer will receive credentials and instructions on accessing the system.
2. Creating content
Below are the basic steps to creating a new Content Item. Refer to the Step by Step: Creating Content page for detailed instructions.
- Create a new content item in ICE and populate with necessary information
- Using a content task template, assign tasks to individuals, work with Managing Editors to define due dates
- Create an assignment for staff and freelance contributors
- Associate content with a project (runsheet)