Process an additional payment in your next pay run for a Ceased Employee who has been underpaid by missing a pay rate or hours
- Re-instate the required employee.
- Click Pay Day > Process Pays > Individual Employee or
Click Pay Day from the Side Bar.
- Select the Employee who requires Termination (click once to highlight)
- Click Cessation.
- Click Yes to confirm that this Employee will be ceased once the pay run is posted,
- Enter the ORGINAL date of termination of the selected employee.
- Click Click here to Continue.
- Select the Pay Rate which was underpaid in the previous Pay Run.
- Adjust the QTY and Rate to calculate the amount owed for the underpayment.
- Select any other required Cessation Pay Rate Types from the options listed, adjust and/or remove any Pay Rates, Allowances and Deductions that are pre-loaded and/or add new Termination / Cessation Pay Rates as necessary.
- If a Leave Cessation Pay Rate Type is selected, an alert will be displayed for you to enter the Employee’s normal Pay Period taxable earnings. If you are unsure which earnings amount to enter into this alert, please contact your Accountant / Bookkeeper for advice.IT IS VITAL THAT AMOUNT RECORDED IS AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE AS THIS WILL AfFECT HOW TAX IS CALCULATED FOR THIS FINAL PAY. For more information, please visit the ATO here. If you do not wish to enter Leave Dates for Termination / Cessation Pay Rates, please read here
- If a Cessation / Termination Pay Types is selected, an alert will be displayed for you to enter the relevant Payment Type Code For more information, please visit the ATO here
- Click Pending or OK to save all changes.
Last modified: Jun 30, 2020
Process an additional payment in your next pay run, where an Employee has been underpaid by missing a pay rate or hours
Thanks for your feedback.