This is the ATO’s record of the payment summary information for each employee. The employees receive the information on printed paper and the ATO is supplied the data in an electronic file. At the end of each financial year, you must lodge your PAYG withholding annual reports. These reports must include all payments you have made to employees, workers or businesses during the financial year and the amounts you withheld. Find out more here…
- Ensure your Electronic Transfer Format is set to PSAR and your information is entered
- Create and submit your Payment Summary Annual Report (PSAR) File
- Click File > End of Financial Year > Step 4 – Produce Payment Summary Annual Reports (PSAR) File.
- Ensure that the correct Financial Year for the End-Of-Year procedure that you wish to process is displayed.
- Click Next.
- Click Browse to select the folder you wish to save the Payment Summary Annual Report (PSAR) File to.
The Payment Summary Annual Report (PSAR) File is automatically named however it can be changed by editing the File name.
- Navigate to the location you wish to create your Payment Summary Annual Report (PSAR) File to, then click Save.
In previous years, both a .NOABN file and a .TXT file where created .When a PSAR file is now created, only a .TXT file is produced and this file will need to be uploaded into the ATO business portal.
- Click Next.
- If you would like to create a test Lodgement File before submitting your live information, tick Create a TEST Lodgement File then click Next
- Click Next to create your Payment Summary Annual Report (PSAR) File.
- If there are one or more issues, a message will display advising the Error/s and or Warning/s. Take note of the employees and/or Company details that require attention as you will not be able to proceed with generating the SBR Payment Summary Annual Report File until these Error/s and or Warning/s are resolved. Correct all errors then complete Step 2.
- Once the Payment Summary File has been created successfully, click Next to continue.
- Click Finished to close the FAST-Tax Wizard then provide the PSAR .txt file to your accountant so they may upload to the ATO Business Portal.