The Users menu item is displayed if you are authorized to manage user codes on your system.
A User Code is made up of the following components:
- User Name—The user’s name.
- User Number—Each user on your system is assigned a number (1-99). This number identifies them to the system and can be transmitted to the central station when they arm or disarm the system.
- User Code—The 4-digit user code that a user enters into the keypad or app when disarming their system.
- User Credential—A card that a user presents to a credential reader to gain access to a specific area.
- Authority Level—Determines the options that the user has permission to access, as well as the expiration for those permissions.
- Send User Codes to Locks—This feature allows a master user to send user codes 2-20 to the automated (Z-Wave) locks associated with the system.
Learn how to add, edit, and delete a user code by completing the following steps.
Add a User
When you add a new user to your system, you can also choose to add the user to the Virtual Keypad app. This feature is available for Android and iPhone users. When you create a new app user, select Create a New Login. You will be prompted to enter a new email address to associate with the new app user. Once the app user has been created, their email will show up on the user screen.
- Go to Users.
- Select the Add icon and enter the user’s first and last name.
- Choose a Profile.
- In User Codes & Credentials, choose a Type (code or credential). To avoid replacing existing user codes, select Use first available number.
- For a code, enter the Code and configure additional options as needed.
- For a credential, enter the card’s internal number and configure additional options as needed.
- To allow the user to access the system in the Virtual Keypad mobile app, enter their email or an existing user login.
- Press Save.
Edit a User
- Go to Users.
- Select the user that you want to edit.
- Make your changes, then press Save.
Delete a User
- Go to Users.
- Select the user that you want to delete.
- Press Delete.
- A dialog pops up to confirm your decision. To delete the user, press Confirm.
Show User Codes
VirtualKeypad.com enables you to show or hide all of your users’ codes. To view codes, select Show User Codes. To hide codes, select Hide User Codes.
Virtual Keypad Access allows users to bulk import users with a CSV template.
- If you don’t have a template, select CSV Import, then select Download CSV Template.
- Enter the user name, user code, and at least one profile number in the appropriate columns.
- If necessary, enter an external number.
Note: If you enter an external number, the user is imported with a card credential type. Otherwise, the user is imported with a code credential type.
- Save and close the template.
- On the CSV Import page, press Select CSV File.
- A file dialog opens. Choose the saved template, then press Upload.