Learn how to set up a video doorbell by completing the following steps. For more information about installing a video doorbell, refer to the V-4060DB Installation Guide.
After powering up, the doorbell announces that it is ready to be configured. If no action is taken within three minutes, reset the doorbell by pressing and holding the RESET button for 5 seconds. The doorbell announces when the reset sequence is complete.
- Go to the Doorbell tab.
- Tap Setup Doorbell.
- Scan the QR code on the front of the video doorbell. Suggested scanning distance is 2-4 inches. The doorbell sounds when it is synced. If the device is not able to read the QR code, you can try scanning the code again or enter the information manually. If you select manual entry, enter the Serial Number and Verification Code located on the front of the video doorbell.
- Select Configure Wi-Fi.
- When prompted, enter the passphrase for your Wi-Fi network. Tap Continue.
- A QR code appears on your device screen. Hold the QR code in front of the doorbell. Suggested scanning distance is 2-4 inches. When connection is successful, the doorbell states: “Wi-Fi is connected. Doorbell is registered.”
- Give your doorbell a name and tap Finish.
When installation is successful, the doorbell automatically opens a live view window on your device. From the live view, you can arm your system, disarm your system, or activate a favorite. You can also download clips from your doorbell onto your device.
Reconnect a Doorbell
If you change your network SSID or password, you’ll need to remove, reboot, and reconnect your video doorbell in the Virtual Keypad app. To re-add a doorbell to your system, complete the following steps:
- Tap the Menu icon and select Video.
- Tap the Edit icon, then tap Delete.
- Tap the Delete icon of the doorbell that you want to delete.
- Tap OK to delete the doorbell.
- Remove the cover from the video doorbell.
- Hold the reset button for 25 seconds or until the doorbell states “Doorbell is rebooting”.
- Follow the instructions in “Add a Doorbell”.