5.6 Review and Export (5 min.)
Review and correct your campaign
Make any changes you want in any of the “edit” tabs: settings, locations, keywords, or ads. The review tab will then rebuild the entire campaign in about two seconds so you can view the effects of your changes on your ads and campaign records.
This is a HUGE advantage over trying to manage your campaign information inside Google Ads.
It ensures that when you export your campaign to Editor, it is correct and all the parts are in sync. (This is a much harder job than you would imagine – in case you are somewhat new to Google Ads).
Using the review tab
The review tab is where you can see all the details of your campaign. Both the records that will be exported to Editor and the actual ads and extensions as they will look when shown on Google. This gives you a great view of exactly what’s in it and how the ads will look.
- Go to the review tab for your project.
- If the review tab is grayed out, that is because you still have not completed all the required minimum campaign information. Clicking on the review tab, when it’s grayed out, will show you a message of what is missing.
- When you have all the parts (with at least one keyword and one ad) the review tab will show you your campaign records.
- You can switch from “view ads” to “view records” where you can see all the information that will be exported to Editor.
Exporting your campaign
Once you are ready to transfer your campaign from the CampaignBuilder to your Google Ads account, just go to the export tab and press the download button which will create the ECF you can import into your account. This entire process takes you about 30 seconds.
- Click the “export” tab and then the “download” button. This creates the ECF (editor compatible file) for your campaign and places it in your downloads folder.
- Open Editor and import your campaign (press CMD-i, click on your ECF, import/save).