6.1 Ex. 1: Expert Auto Repair
Expert Auto Repair is a Denver based car repair shop specializing in older import cars. Their site does a great job of telling their story with words, pictures, and testimonials. Their typical site visitor has a problem they need solved in a hurry. They are good at getting website visitors to call from mobile searches.
Their objective is to get customers who require any kind of repairs to their manual transmissions.
Using the QuickStart
- Settings: They want to run the ads initially on just mobile devices (encouraging people to call) and only Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm, so they have the best chance of fielding the calls while they are in the office.
- Markets: They are located in the southwest corner of Denver (zip code 80228) and feel that their customers are willing to come to them even if it’s 10 miles away. They are starting with the cities within 10 miles of zip code 80228.
- Keywords: They used 2, 3, and 4 word combinations with broad match modifier (bmm) match type to highlight their specialization in manual transmissions (“+manual +transmission +repair”, for example). They also used related terms like “clutch”, “gearbox”, and “shifting”.
- Negative Keywords: They are using negative keywords to ensure they are getting real potential customers, not “researchers” or related searches. These include: cheap, guide, book, warranty, lawsuit, problems, and recalls.
- Ads: They created two ads that highlight their experience with toyota transmissions but one of the ads includes their broad experience with a wide range of manual transmissions. The ads encourage people to call.