The following steps should be followed to install MDR for use with Transport Expresso:
1. Within your Domain Controller, enter your MDR license key by executing transaction /N/BTR/MDRLICENSE, then select the option Install and a dialog appears into which you can enter the key.
2. Run /BTI/TE_RLINKS_UPDATE_JOB_V2 in each of your development systems with the All released requests update checkbox set.
3. Run /BTI/TE_RLINKS_UPDATE_JOB_V2 in each of your development systems again, this time with the Update Time Reference checkbox set.
4. Within each of your development systems, define the program via transaction /n/BTR/MDR. Enter /BTI/TE_REP_MDR_OBJECT_LINK_V2 and press Create with the radio button Program Definition selected.
5. On the resulting screen, hit Save. You will be prompted to put into a transport, which you should do.
6. Within each of your development systems, set the technical settings for the same program via transaction /n/BTR/MDR. Enter /BTI/TE_REP_MDR_OBJECT_LINK_V2 as the program, select the radio button Defaults for Technical Settings and press the Change button.
7. On the resulting screen, enter a label and the appropriate value for your technical setup in the batch jobs across all servers. You can check the number of available background sessions via transaction SM50. You do not need to put anything in any of the selection options.
8. Save the report variant and execute in the background. This will take several hours to complete.
9. Schedule /BTI/TE_RLINKS_UPDATE_JOB_V2 to run with frequency every 10 minutes, in each of your Development systems.
10. Perform the following backend configuration in your Domain Controller:
- A number range interval will need to be created for the range /BTI/TELID
- A variant for program /BTI/TE_REP_MDR_OBJECT_LINK called LINKAGECRT
- A variant for program /BTI/TE_REP_MDR_OBJECT_DELETE called LINKAGEDEL.
All variants need to be set with the MDR specific settings.