By default all users are allocated with the Default Web User Role which provides access to the default actions and metrics. This controls which actions and metrics the users sees in the web UI.
By default the ones shipped with Transport Expresso are:
- View all changes awaiting my approval
- View all changes awaiting my testing
- View all my in progress changes
- View all in progress changes for my team
- Awaiting my approval
- Awaiting my testing
- My in progress changes
- In progress changes for my team
- In progress changes for project
To maintain other roles to alter the actions and metrics that are available to users please see tables:
- /BTI/TE_WEBUICFG: General web UI parameters / config table
- /BTI/TE_USERPREF: Web UI User preferences table
- /BTI/TE_ROLEACT: Role actions table to link user roles to the default actions
- /BTI/TE_ROLEMET: Role metrics table to link user roles to the default metrics
- To enable the “In progress changes for my team” each user will need to be allocated to the task groups that represent their team. This will then allocated all tasks for those groups to the team. (See table /BTI/TE_USERGRPS)
- If user pictures are required these can be uploaded into the Transport Expresso Domain Controller system. This will then automatically show the user picture in the screen header, news items, recent activity, task list and task details views. See the instructions for the USERPIC_PREFIX field in the /BTI/TE_WEBUICFG table.
*In addition a new background job is needed to generate data for the web UI News and My Recent Activity feeds. (See Background Jobs)
By default the primary tester of the task is designated as the task owner unless a user role is attached to the task to override this. See the details for the TASKOWNER_ROLEID field in the */BTI/TE_WEBUICFG table.
The Projects views will show project management information for projects where phase data has been maintained. If nothing is maintained for a project the message “No phase data exists for the selected project” will be displayed. To maintain the data use tables:
- /BTI/TE_PHASE: Project phases table
- /BTI/TE_PHASSTAT: Assign task statuses to the project phases
- /BTI/TE_PRJPHASE: Assign project phases to a project along with start/end dates