Basis Technologies strongly recommend that you test your Testimony setup fully before operational use.
Wherever possible, this should involve the recording of test steps in the source system and playing back the recorded steps via the execution agent. This should be done in at least one of your sand-box, development and QA systems – prior to use of Testimony in your production systems.
- Test the recording activation function from Testimony’s recording drawer menu.
- Perform various transactions within the source systems which should be recorded.
- Check that the recording has occurred.
- Test Transfer to Repository function after recording has been deactivated.
- Ensure the Test script Library has the recorded test scripts.
- Setup the target system and prepare for playback process.
- Add test scripts to execution queue and perform test execution queue playback
- Check the results of the playback