Once the data for DevAnalytics has been generated (see Setup section) it can be analysed in SAP or exported for analysis in an external visualization tool.
Note that program /BTR/DEVA_MAIN_N must have been run with the required variant in order to generate the data. Any previously generated data can be analysed or exported.
To run the data analysis, execute program /BTR/DEVA_TRANS. This program allows data to be analysed for selected data extract runs.
- Output mode: Choose how you want to output the data
- Hierarchical (in SAP GUI) – This displays the metric data output in the SAP GUI via a grid and allows the user to drill down, filter, show graphs, etc.
- Report (ALV) – Output the data as a flat ALV report
- Download to server – Download the data to the specified server folder and filename in tab delimited format. The filename will automatically be appended with a date and timestamp
- Download to PC – Download the data to the specified PC folder and filename in tab delimited format. The filename will automatically be appended with a date and timestamp
- Analysis period: Chose the date period that you wish to view the data for
- Data source: Always choose “Use instance results”
- Metric selection: Choose which metrics you wish to view and the period you wish to have the data aggregated by (E.g. Monthly)
- Data restrictions: Enter any specific selection criteria to narrow down the data selection for a more targeted view (E.g. only show data for specific systems and projects)
- Transformation run options: This allows specific data extract runs to be selected. In most cases the Latest run would be used but previous extract runs (if available) can also be selected if required
Program */BTR/DEVA_TRANS can be scheduled as a background job using the “Download to server” option to automatically run and download all the available data file for use in external data visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, etc.
Hierarchical (in SAP GUI)
When the data has been output in SAP there are options to be able to manipulate the data on screen:
- Metrics can be added to / removed from the graphic section
- Different filters, periods, date ranges can be specified
- Data can be expanded to view a breakdown for each classification
- The data visible on screen can be exported to spreadsheet / Excel
Report and Download options
The data extracted in these modes split up by metric and the associated classifications so you can obtain lower level figures across all available classifications. These modes are best used when extracting the DevAnalytics data to be viewed in external data visualization tools.