- Consult with meeting host on day, date, time, location, directions, food, and parking.
- Collect items and develop agenda for the meeting.
- Correspond with members on the following:
- Date, time, and location of next meeting;
- Request agenda items and provide a deadline for submission of agenda items;
- Ask if special accommodations are needed. The chair, host, and AZTransfer staff need to be informed at least two but preferably three weeks prior to meeting if special accommodations are required.
- Post agenda, handouts and meeting details to the meeting calendar. Within ten (10) days prior to the meeting, inform members via listserv that the documents are posted.
- Identify/confirm note-taker, and send reminders in advance of the meeting.
- Preside over meeting.
- Establish subcommittees/workgroups as needed.
- Review/edit meeting notes to ensure decisions/actions are recorded.
- Send draft notes to listserv for review and approval at next meeting.
- Post approved meeting notes to the meeting calendar and inform members via listserv they are posted.
- Secure a meeting room to accommodate appropriate number of attendees.
- Schedule a room with computer, projector and Internet access.
- Set up teleconference / virtual meeting equipment (speakerphone, phone line, video camera, etc.) for virtual meetings and/or members participating by phone.
- Provide directions to campus and meeting room.
- Provide parking instructions and other pertinent information and attach to meeting calendar through the ATF Chatlines application.
- Advise attendees ahead of time whether food is available and if so, is it host or no-host. It is not an expectation that host institution pays for refreshments/meals. # The meeting room should be near food facilities for a lunch break and/or make arrangements to have lunches delivered to meeting room and let members know in # advance the amount of money they should bring.
- Send a list of convenient lodging (hotel/motel) if necessary.
- Arrange for special accommodations as needed.
Thanks for your feedback.