You can access this context menu from a device. It lets you manipulate the device’s state and controls globally in various ways.
- Copy pattern to track: This menu item is exclusive of instruments that use both pattern and note tracks. It lets you create a note region at the current playback position in a new note track with the contents of the current pattern. The region is as long as the source pattern and each hit becomes a note. The note velocities reflect the accented hits. The source pattern is not cleared. Note: At this point in time, both the pattern and the note region drive the device’s sound engine simultaneously.
- Shift left: This menu item is exclusive of the Bassline. It shifts the current pattern backwards in time one step at a time The first step of the pattern wraps around to the last one as defined by the pattern length.
- Shift right: This menu item is exclusive of the Bassline. It shifts the current pattern forwards in time one step at a time The last step of the pattern wraps around to the first one.
- Randomize: This menu item is exclusive of the Bassline. It assigns random values to all the steps of the current pattern.
- Animation: This menu item is exclusive of the Tonematrix. It engages or disengages the ripple animation effect around notes being played.
- Load preset: Shows the “Load preset” dialog box, allowing you to apply a preset to the device. Note: Devices you have applied a preset to display a hash sign “#” at the beginning of their name.
- Save preset: Shows the “Create preset” dialog box, allowing you to save the state of the device as a preset. If you are not logged in, this menu item will show the “Login” dialog box.
- Edit preset: This menu item is only available after you have applied one of your own presets to the device. It shows the “Edit preset” dialog box, allowing you to save changes to the preset and edit its properties.
- Reset preset: Initializes the state of the device to default values. The hash sign “#” at the beginning of the device, if present, disappears, indicating that the association of the device’s state to a preset is broken.
- Create track ►: Creates a new track for the device. Depending on the device, choose a non automated control, note, pattern or audio track from the list. Complex devices group their controls in items on the list. Automated controls are grayed out and cannot be chosen. A new empty track appears on the device and track list and sequencer view. For pattern and automation tracks, the automation frame and automation value icon appear around the affected controls on the device.
- Import MIDI notes: This menu item is exclusive of devices that use note tracks. It opens a file browser where you can choose a MIDI file on disk and creates a note region in a new note track in your sequence with the contents of the file. For multi-track midi files, a separate note region is created for each track.
Thanks for your feedback.