This dialog box lets you record up to 47 seconds of audio from an audio capture device in your system within Audiotool and create a sample from it. Once the recording is accepted, Audiotool opens the “Sample editor” dialog box, where you can edit and classify your sample.
- Record: This button starts and stops audio recording. Each new recording replaces the previous one.
- Remaining time: This text field shows the remaining recording time in minutes and seconds.
- Preview: This button plays back the latest recording. Note: If the input audio is not silenced, both the input audio and the recorded audio will sound simultaneously.
- Level meter: This meter shows the signal level of the input audio or of the recorded audio when previewing.
- Input level: This slider sets the gain of the input signal. Drag the marker or click anywhere to place it. The level meter reflects the change in input signal level accordingly.
- Input device: This menu lets you choose an audio capture device on your system to record from.
- Metronome: This check-box engages a metronome while recording is in progress. Its time signature is the same as the one defined in the time signature text field on the time-line bar.
- Tempo: Type the tempo of the metronome as BPM in this text field. The initial value is the same as the one defined in the BPM text field on the time-line bar.
- Use: This button opens the latest recording in the “Sample editor” dialog box.