This row of icons provides a handy way of performing common functions that include selecting, moving, centering and locking devices, zooming and panning the desktop, listening to parts of the arrangement and controlling auto-connection. Note: You can hide or show this bar with the “Desktop tools” entry in the “View” top bar menu.
- Pointer: This icon lets you pan the desktop, select, move and center devices, as well as edit control values. To pan the desktop, drag an empty area. To select a device, click it outside of a control. To select multiple devices, Ctrl-click them outside of a control. To move selected devices, drag them. To de-select every device, click an empty desktop area. To center a device on the desktop view, double-click it outside of a control. To interact with device controls, read the section “Interface and device controls”.
- Selection: This icon lets you select devices in different ways. To select a device, click it anywhere. To select multiple devices, drag a rectangular selection over them. To add or remove devices to the selection, Ctrl-drag additional rectangular selections. To de-select every device, click an empty desktop area.
- Cue: This icon lets you listen to the signal going through a single cable or connector in your arrangement. Simply point the cable or connector. The pointer changes to a loudspeaker, a tool-tip identifying the devices involved in the connection appears and a cue icon appears over the connector feeding the monitored signal.
- Hand: This icon lets you quickly pan the desktop around. To pan, drag anywhere, even devices and controls.
- Zoom: Drag this slider to the right to zoom in the desktop and focus on a detail of your arrangement or to the left to zoom out and get an overview of it. Click anywhere on the slider to set the corresponding zoom scale. Double-click it to reset the desktop to a 100% zoom.
- Lock devices: This icon lets you lock the devices in your arrangement. You cannot select, move, delete or rename devices, you cannot change connections and you cannot add new devices to your arrangement. Note: cables can still be deleted with the “Disconnect” item of the cable and connector context menu.
- Auto-connect: This icon lets you create a cable automatically every time you add a device to your arrangement. The cable always connects the main output of the new device to the next available input of the last added tool or effect device.