The oscillators section provides controls to activate and set the basic panorama, volume, tuning and timbre of each of the Pulverisateur’s five sound sources: the three oscillators, the noise generator and the audio input.
- Active: These switches selectively engage each oscillator, the noise generator and the audio input.
- Pan: These sliders set the panorama of each oscillator, the noise generator and the audio input from hard left to hard right. Note: This slider sets panorama by attenuating the left or the right channel respectively. This might be relevant when feeding a stereo signal to the audio input.
- Level: These knobs attenuate the volume of each oscillator, the noise generator and the audio input in decibels.
- Tune: These knobs shift the pitch of each oscillator in cents, from 700 cents, or a perfect fifth, below the original pitch at minimum through original pitch at center to 700 cents above original pitch at maximum.
- Color: This knob sets the frequency spectrum of the noise generator’s output from brown noise at minimum through pink noise at center to white noise at maximum.
- Drive: This knob sets the amount of overdrive distortion applied to the audio input signal from none at minimum to full at maximum.
- Octave: These selectors shift the pitch of each oscillator in octaves, from 3 octaves below the original pitch at minimum through original pitch at center to 3 octaves above original pitch at maximum.
- Wave: These knobs set the shape of the waveform produced by each oscillator. Click the waveform icons to set it to a sine wave, a triangle wave, a sawtooth wave (ramp up) or a square wave. Drag the knob to smoothly interpolate between two consecutive waveforms. The resulting waveform is synthesized and interpolated algorithmically in real time.
- Sync: This switch engages the hard sync function for oscillator two with oscillator one as the master.
- Keyboard track: This switch sets the pitch of incoming notes to modulate the pitch of oscillator three. When this switch is off, the base pitch of oscillator three remains at a constant middle C or 261,626 Hz.
Thanks for your feedback.