The step sequencer section provides controls to assign samples to channels, select them for sample editing, set them as exclusive, mute them and edit their step sequence.
Figure: the Machiniste’s step sequencer section.
- Edit: These radio buttons set the sample in the corresponding channel for editing with the controls of the sample editor section.
- Sample: These slots hold the samples assigned to each corresponding channel. Drag a sample from the sample browser to one slot to load it or replace an existing sample in the corresponding channel. Double-click the slot to play its sample. Note: “Sample” slots can hold loop as well as one-shot samples.
- Exclusive: These switches define a subset of channels whose hits should not sound simultaneously. When exclusive channels have simultaneous hits, only the hit in the topmost channel will play. Note: When playback is active, activating a channel’s exclusivity takes effect immediately but deactivating it takes effect only at the start of the pattern.
- Step: These switches create or remove a hit for the corresponding channel in the current pattern at the corresponding step. They also act as knobs that set the modulation value of the hit from no modulation at minimum to full positive modulation at maximum.
- Mute: These switches silence the sound from the corresponding channel. Note: When playback is active, muting a channel takes effect immediately but unmuting it takes effect only at the start of the pattern.
Thanks for your feedback.