The pattern section provides controls to select, clear and edit the properties of patterns.
- Bank: These radio buttons set the current pattern bank.
- Pattern: These radio buttons set the pattern in the current bank for playback and editing.
- Clear: This button clears the contents of the current pattern. Note: When you clear a pattern, its length is reset to 16 steps, its step duration to a 16th note and its shuffle function disengaged.
- Length: This display shows the length of the current pattern in steps. The “-” and “+” buttons increase or decrease its length by one step. The minimum pattern length is 1 step and the maximum is 128. Note: Shift-click the buttons to double or halve the current pattern’s length.
- Range: The Machiniste’s patterns can store up to 128 steps. These radio buttons set a range of 16 steps for editing in the step sequencer section. Each higher numbered radio button sets the next 16 steps of the sequence.
- Scale: These radio buttons set the duration of steps. The radio button labeled “2” sets it to a 16th note duration, the one labeled “4” to a 32nd note duration, the one labeled “3” to an 8th triplet note duration and the one labeled “6” to a 16th triplet note duration.
- Shuffle: This switch engages the shuffle function for the current pattern.
Thanks for your feedback.