The step sequencer section provides controls to edit the step sequence of the selected instrument channel in the current pattern.
- Pattern length: This display shows the length of the current pattern in steps. The “+” and “-” buttons increase or decrease its length by one step. The minimum pattern length is 1 step and the maximum is 64. Note: Shift-click the buttons to double or halve the current pattern’s length.
- Pre-scale: This selector sets the duration of steps. Position 1 sets it to a 16th triplet note duration, position 2 to a 8th triplet note duration, position 3 to a 32nd note duration and position 4 to a 16th note duration.
- Shuffle on/off: This switch engages the shuffle function for the current pattern.
- Edit range: The Beatbox 8’s patterns can store up to 64 steps. This selector sets a range of 16 steps for editing with the step switches. Each higher position sets the next 16 steps of the sequence.
- Step: These switches create or remove a hit for the current instrument channel in the current pattern at the corresponding step in the sequence.
Thanks for your feedback.