Critical Amazon Game Changing Policy and ASellerTool Scouting Programs Now Return LANDED Price.
Background: Shipping cost for merchant-fulfilled (Non-FBA) items were used to be a fixed $3.99. For example, an item with $4 list price and $3.99 shipping will have the total price of $7.99 for buyer to pay.
Now Amazon has a game changing policy to allow sellers to set any shipping cost or Free Shipping. So when we see a list price of $4, we do not know the actual total selling price.
Before: $4 + $3.99 = $7.99 So $4 list price was worth to buy.
Now: $4 + custom shipping cost =?? $4 list price will not be worth to buy if the seller offers free shipping or any other low cost shipping like $1 shipping.
- If seller sets $3.99 shipping cost, then the total price is $7.99, worth to buy.
- If seller sets $1 shipping cost, then the total price is $5, not worth to buy
- If seller offers free shipping, then the total price is $4 (If you still use $3.99 as shipping and buy it based on $4 list price, you will have to list this item as 1 cent in order to match with that $4 with free shipping in total price.)
By definition, we call “total price” as LANDED price (List Price + Shipping Cost). Based on the examples above, list price alone can no longer be used to tell if an item is worth to resell or not. You need to switch to use landed price to decide to buy an item to resell or not.
As a result, older FBAScan version which only returns List Price, is not good enough to let you interpret the true market value of the item and your profit.
For smartphone users, please install FBAScan version 7 and above from App store. Version 7 will return LANDED price (List Price + Shipping Cost).
Adjust triggers for landed price.
FBAScan users: you need to tap reset button to have the new minimum price in basic trigger to be used against landed price. You can also change the minimum price in basic trigger by following this video.
PDA users: you need to change the minimum price in basic trigger by following this video. Also check Ignore FBA Offers option, as FBA price will deduct $4 before comparing with MF offers. If you need to consider FBA offers in triggers, then please switch to our FBAScan app on the smartphone.
Still want to use list price?
- FBAScan live search: To see list price from live search, enable Menu -> Settings -> Use list price
- Android Database: Uninstall the current one, then download the FBAScan version 6.5 here.
- iPhone Database: Not able to revert back to old version however you can still see List pricing through a live search. Adjust your settings to “Use List Price (LV Only).”
- PDA users: Uninstall the PC downloader version 11 from your computer, then install PC downloader version 10 here