In this manual, we use specific terminology to refer to components of salon. Here is a partial list of things.
- landing page – A user is directed to this page, after login. You can also consider this to be the HOME page
- salon home – Each salon has its own HOME page. When you click on the name of the salon, you land on this page.
- pdf viewer – PDF’s uploaded to salon can be annotated, discussed and shared. The PDF document is displayed through the pdf viewer
- video viewer – YouTube videos uploaded to salon can be annotated, discussed and shared. The videos are displayed through video viewer
- salon manager – If you create a salon, then you are the owner of that salon. We refer to the owners as salon managers
- salon moderator – Salon manager can appoint moderators to manage discussions in salon. A moderators is able to view salon dashboards
- salon member – a user with a classroom salon account can subscribe to any salon. We refer to them as salon members
- individual mode – a document or video can be annotated w/o looking at others annotations. A document owner can set the permission of a document
- Group mode – This is the default mode of any document uploaded into a salon. In this mode, all users are able to see and comment on other user annotations.
Thanks for your feedback.