If you are instructor, you may want to create your own salon. A salon can be defined as a course, a unit, a group of students, a topic, whatever you want. You can find the Wikipedia definition of salon and we attempt to create the same intellectual and collaborative environment using salon.
Creating a salon is easy. Follow the steps below.
1. From the home page click on “Salons” or “Create a Salon” options as shown below.
2. In the window (as shown below), enter all required information.
The following fields are required or optional.
- Salon name (required)
- Salon description (required)
- Public (anyone can join) or Private (users can join with your permission)
- Salon disciplines (areas that might help users find your salon – optional)
- Salon image – An image that represent your salon