All ACPE Accredited Centers shall:
Standard 301 develop and maintain a written plan which:
301.1 describes the administrative structure and lines of authority within the center.
301.2 provides for compliance with ACPE standards.
301.3 describes how commitments to students will be met in the event of substantial change within the institution or center.
Standard 302 provide at least the following components:
302.1 financial, human and physical resources sufficient to support the units of CPE offered by the center.
302.2 a population that provides students with opportunities for ministry and clinical pastoral education.
Standard 303 provide these educational resources:
303.1 a faculty of sufficient size to fulfill program goals and comprised of persons authorized by ACPE.
• An Associate Certified Educator or ACPE Certified Educator may be the supervisor for no more than 13 full-time equivalent (FTE) students at one time.
• An Associate Certified Educator or ACPE Certified Educator may be the supervisor for no more than 13 full-time equivalent (FTE) students in CPE Level I/ Level II.
• A Certified Educator Candidate may be the supervisor for no more than 6 CPE Level I/ Level II students. (FTE does not apply to students of Certified Educator Candidates).
• In Certified Educator programs, a center’s faculty should include at least one ACPE Certified Educator for every 4 FTE Certified Educator Students or Certified Educator Candidates.
303.2 a faculty development plan.
303.3 interdisciplinary consultation and teaching within the program(s) provided by adjunct faculty and/or guest lecturers.
303.4 individual and group supervision by a person authorized by ACPE.
303.5 a peer group of at least three CPE Level I/Level II students engaged in small group process and committed to fulfilling the requirements of the educational program.
303.6 access to library and educational facilities adequate to meet the ACPE standards.
303.7 access to current ACPE standards, commissions’ manuals, the ACPE Policy for Complaints Alleging Violation of ACPE Education Standards and the ACPE Policy for Complaints Against the Accreditation Commission
303.8 student support services including, but not limited to, orientation, a process for educational guidance and recommendations for counseling resources, resume preparation and employment search.
Standard 304 provide all policies and procedures in writing and inform all students and ACPE program staff of their content. These include, but are not limited to:
304.1 an admission policy that clearly states the ACPE accredited center does not discriminate against persons because of race, gender, age, faith group, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
304.2 a financial policy that clearly states fees, payment schedules, refunds, stipends, and benefits.
304.3 a complaint procedure consistent with ACPE Standards the ACPE Manual 2016 Processing Complaints of Ethics Violations that addresses an alleged violation of the ACPE ethics standards.
304.4 a procedure for maintaining student records for ten years, which addresses confidentiality, access, content, and custody of student records should the center be without a supervisor and/or accreditation. (See Guide for Student Records, Appendix 7B)
304.5 a procedure for providing consultation for CPE students.
304.6 a procedure for discipline, dismissal, and withdrawal of students.
304.7 a policy for the ethical conduct of students and program staff consistent with the ACPE Code of Ethics.
304.8 a statement of student rights and responsibilities.
304.9 an agreement for training at the ministry site that includes, but is not limited to:
• authorization to visit patients, parishioners or clients;
• access to appropriate clinical records and informed consent with regard to the use of student materials; and
• agreement by the student to abide by center policies protecting confidentiality and rights of clients/patients/parishioners.
304.10 a policy and procedure that details how the accredited center will provide for completion of a unit or program in process if the Certified Educator is unable to continue.
304.11 supervision and program management by a person authorized by ACPE.
Standard 305 have consultation and program evaluation, including:
305.1 an ongoing process of consultation with a designated professional advisory group.
305.2 ongoing program evaluation sufficient to promote the continuous quality improvement of the educational program(s) including:
• course content and materials;
• success with respect to student achievement measured by course completion rate;
• educational methods and supervisory relationships;
• student to supervisor ratio;
• appropriate level of challenge in individual learning contracts; assessment of students’ use of CPE.
Standard 306 accurately describe the center, its pastoral services, and educational programs.
• All statements in advertising, catalogs, publications, recruiting, and academic calendars shall be accurate at the time of publication.
• Publications that advertise a center’s programs shall include the type(s) and level(s) of education offered and the ACPE mailing address, telephone number and website address.