1. Area Accreditation Chair contacted for consultation and approval to apply for accredited member status.
2. Accreditation Review Request and Face Sheet Appendix 3 and documentation of regional approval to seek accredited member status sent to ACPE, with copy to ACPE Accreditation Commission Chair and Area Accreditation Chair.
3. Application fee paid.
4. Documentation center has offered and completed at least two units of CPE.
5. Self study and other required materials completed:
5.1. Center Disclosure Information form (Appendix 4);
5.2. THIS ITEM HAS BEEN REMOVED;
5.3. List of professional advisory group members (name and title);
5.4. History of the Satellite Program’s (component site) accreditation: date of Satellite Program (component site) status, recommendations, notations and other actions; copy of any Commission Action Reports;
5.5. Record of CPE programs offered as Satellite Program (component site)— type program(s), dates, number of students, supervisors;
5.6. Copies of annual reports submitted as a Satellite Program (component site);
5.7. Student handbook (primary document for assessing compliance with many ACPE standards; material does not need to be duplicated in self-study document);
5.8. Appendix 5, Part I and Part II indicating where in the student handbook(s) required standards are addressed and where specific files, etc. are located on site;
5.9. If adding an additional CPE program, prepare self-study for that program demonstrating feasibility
5.10. Self-study that includes description and documentation of self-study process and methodology:
a. rationale and objectives for CPE at the center.
b. summary of institutional changes since last annual report
c. evaluation of administrative structure and support needed to meet ACPE standards and center’s capacity to meet them, including a description of professional advisory group’s involvement.
d. review and update of curriculum based on ACPE standards (ACPE Standards 309-319;
e. evaluation of effectiveness and function of clinical and educational resources.
f. review and update of policies and procedures needed for the function of CPE programs.
g. analysis and report of program completion rates and student achievements. (Appendix 6 C Sample Report of Student Completion Rates and Achievements); must include analysis of data from threshold reports and how it is being used
h. summary of outcomes from on-going program evaluations and changes made in response to consumer feedback
i. assessment of overall compliance with ACPE standards for each specific CPE program
j. how center has processed and/or resolved complaints filed by students
k. assessment of strengths and limitations of center and each CPE program, identifying unique qualities of the center and the educational programs, including limitations.
l. review and revision of student handbook for the program(s) (Appendix 5, Part I).
m. changes proposed as result of self study
n. center’s future plans.
6. A copy of all required materials sent to each member of the site visit team and host center at least 45 days (postmarked) prior to site visit.
7. Copies of all site team reports must be sent to the host center.