1. Pre-accredited or accredited centers may request postponement of scheduled accreditation review when one of the following acceptable circumstances has occurred:
1.1. center without ACPE Certified Educator during year the five-year or ten-year review is due; limit one one-year postponement. The center may not admit students, continue a program in progress or offer an ACPE CPE program(s) in the absence of an Associate ACPE Certified Educator or ACPE Certified Educator employed by or contracted to the center to conduct ACPE CPE programs.
1.2. center employed or contracted with the supervisor responsible for center during the year the review is due.
2. Area Accreditation Committee chair must support a center’s request for postponement.
3. The postponement may not be requested earlier than the year prior to the center’s review date.
4. Postponement of the accreditation review does not change the center’s subsequent accreditation cycle dates.
5. The following persons may request review postponement:
5.1. ACPE Certified Educator;
5.2. CPE center’s administrator if the Certified Educator position is vacant or the Certified Educator is temporarily disabled; or
5.3. Commission or area accreditation committee, to equalize or manage its review schedule.
6. A limit of one postponement may be granted
7. For a five year review postponement:
7.1. the Area Accreditation Chair or designee will review the center’s student handbook and Appendix 5 Part I and submit a written report to the Commission due at the next scheduled meeting of the Commission.
7.2. If deficiencies are noted, the area accreditation committee will schedule a limited site review.
8. For a ten year review postponement:
8.1. the center will work with the Regional Accreditation Chair to schedule a limited site visit during the calendar year in which the postponement was granted.
8.2. The center will provide a copy of the current student handbook(s) and Appendix 5 Part I and Part II and arrange with the Area Accreditation Chair, at the center’s expense, an on-site visit to document continuing compliance with accreditation standards, including meeting with the current students and administration to whom the program reports.
8.3. A member of the area accreditation committee will conduct the limited site visit and write a report, including completion of Appendix 5 Part II
8.4. If deficiencies are found, the area committee will recommend notations to the Commission.
9. Postponements do not relieve the center from responsibility to comply with ACPE standards.
10. Center must submit evidence of payment of the postponement fee with the material the center submits for accreditation review or a notation will be assigned.
11. A postponement is not necessary if the site visit can occur within the calendar year in which the center is scheduled for review. Subsequent steps of the review process may fall into the following year.
1. Consult with Area Accreditation Committee Chair for help in assessing if circumstances justify postponement.
2. Submit Accreditation Review Request and Face Sheet” (Appendix 3)”:https://cdn.manula.com/user/4287/docs/new-appendix-3.docx to Accreditation Commission c/o ACPE, with copy to Area Accreditation Committee chair. For initial Accredited Member status and Ten Year Review, request no earlier than September 1 (postmarked) of year before scheduled review and no later than September 1 (postmarked) of year of scheduled review. For Five Year Review, request no later than January 1 (postmarked) of year review is scheduled.
3. Receive invoice and pay fee for postponement request (required whether or not request is granted).
4. Submit to Area Accreditation Chair any required written materials and documentation that all fees are paid and center is in good financial standing with ACPE.
5. For a ten-year review postponement, the center will work with the Area Accreditation Chair to schedule a limited site visit during the calendar year in which the postponement was granted. Provide a copy of the current student handbook(s) and arrange, at the center’s expense, an on-site visit with the current students and the administration to whom the program reports.
6. For a five-year review postponement, provide a copy of the current student handbook(s) to the Area Accreditation Chair for review.
7.2. The Center’s Response to the Part I Report is due to the National Site Team Chair 44 days after the conclusion of the site visit (30 days after the 14 day period for receipt of the Part I Report ends).
7.3. The Part II Report is due to the Center 58 days after the conclusion of the site visit (14 days after the 30 day period for the Center’s Response ends). The reviewer will combine the center’s response, report Part I and Part II and submit to the Accreditation Commission.
7.4. The reviewer will combine the center’s response, report Part I and Part II and submit to the Accreditation Commission.