Notifications of Commission decisions to U.S. Department of Education, state agencies, and the public:
1. ACPE sends Commission decisions to award or renew pre-accreditation status or accreditation (Accredited Member) no later than 30 days from the date of action to the and U.S. Secretary of Education (“the Secretary”).
2. ACPE sends notification of final Commission adverse actions to deny, suspend or withdraw or accredited member status to the Secretary, appropriate state licensing or authorizing agencies, other appropriate accrediting agencies at the same time the affected center is notified, but no later than 30 days after it reaches the decision to take final adverse action.
3. The Commission provides written notice to the public of final adverse action decisions within 24 hours of its notice to the center.
4. The Commission makes available to the Secretary, appropriate state agencies, the center, and the public a summary of the reasons for action to deny, suspend or withdraw a center’s Pre-accredited or Accredited Member status, any comments the affected center may wish to make with regard to the action or, if the affected center has not provided official comments, evidence that it has been offered the opportunity to do so. It is available no later than 60 days following the date of final action.
5. The Commission notifies the Secretary and appropriate state agencies, and the public upon request, when a center voluntarily withdraws from Pre-accredited status or Accredited Member status, within 30 days of receiving notification from the center that it is voluntarily withdrawing from pre-accreditation or accreditation.
6. If a center allows accreditation to lapse, the Commission notifies the Secretary, appropriate state agencies and the public within 30 days of the date the accreditation lapses.
7. ACPE annually submits required information to the Department of Education:
• annual report of its activities,
• current copy of the ACPE Directory, and
• summary of the Commission’s major accreditation activities for the previous year.