Click here for a fillable and printable version of this Checklist.
1. Notify ACPE of intent to begin accreditation process (Accreditation Review Request and Face Sheet, Appendix 3) with a copy to ACPE Accreditation Commission Chair and Area Accreditation Chair.
2. Application fee paid.
3. Documentation that the center is:
- in good standing (no adverse actions pending or taken) with state or other accrediting agencies
- board of directors with community representation
- financially stable
- own or rent space from which center operates.
4. Complete and submit self study and other required materials:
4.1. Center Disclosure Information form (Appendix 4)
4.2. THIS ITEM HAS BEEN REMOVED;
4.3. List of professional advisory group members (name and title);
4.4. History of the center’s accreditation: dates, recommendations, notations and other actions; copy of Commission Action Report from Pre-accredited status;
4.4. Annual center reports for each year of Pre-accredited status (Appendix 1);
4.5. Record of CPE programs offered since last accreditation review: type of program(s), dates, number of students, supervisor(s);
4.6. Student handbook (primary document for assessing compliance with many ACPE standards; material does not need to be duplicated in self study document);
4.7. Appendix 5, Part I and Part II indicating where in the student handbook(s) required standards are addressed and where specific files, etc are located on site;
4.8 Self study that includes description and documentation of self study process and methodology:
a. rationale and objectives for CPE at the center.
b. summary of institutional changes since last annual report
c. evaluation of administrative structure and support needed to meet ACPE standards and center’s capacity to meet them, including description of professional advisor group’s involvement.
d. review and update of curriculum based on ACPE standards (ACPE Standards 309-319
e. evaluation of effectiveness and function of clinical and educational resources.
f. review and update of policies and procedures needed for function of CPE programs.
g. analysis and report of program completion rates and student achievements. (Appendix 6 C Sample Report of Student Completion Rates and Achievements); must include analysis of data from threshold reports and how it is being used
h. summary of outcomes from on-going program evaluations and changes made in response to consumer feedback
i. assessment of overall compliance with ACPE standards for each specific CPE program
j. how center has processed and/or resolved complaints filed by students
k. assessment of strengths and limitations of center and each CPE program, identifying unique qualities of the center and the educational programs, including limitations.
l. review and revision of student handbook for the program(s) (Appendix 5, Part I).
m. changes proposed as result of self study
n. center’s future plans.
5. A copy of all required materials sent to each member of the site visit team at least 45 days (postmarked) prior to site visit.