Click here for a fillable and printable version of this checklist.
1. Area Accreditation Chair consulted before beginning accreditation process.
2. Notify ACPE of intent to begin accreditation process (Accreditation Review Request and Face Sheet, Appendix 3), with copy to ACPE Accreditation Commission Chair and Area Accreditation Chair.
3. THIS ITEM HAS BEEN REMOVED.
4. Documentation that the center:
- is in good standing (no adverse actions pending or taken) with state or other accrediting agencies.
- has a board of directors with community representation.
- is financially stable.
- owns or rents space from which center operates.
5. Self study * (feasibility study if applying for Pre-accredited status; ) and other required materials completed. Self study is in the form of a proposal demonstrating how the center will organize itself through a central administrative structure and assure consistent communications, consistent practice and accountability at the component sites.
5.1. Center Disclosure Information form (Appendix 4);
5.2. Statement of good financial standing from ACPE;
5.3. List of professional advisory group members (name and title);
5.4. History of the center’s accreditation, if applicable: dates, recommendations; notations and other actions, copy of Commission Action Reports;
5.5. Record of CPE programs offered since last accreditation review: type of program(s), dates, number of students, supervisor(s) (if applicable);
5.6. Annual center reports (Appendix 1) for each year of Pre-accredited status (if applicable);
5.7. Student handbook (primary document for assessing compliance with many ACPE standards; material does not need to be duplicated in self study/feasibility study document); may be master handbook with component site specific materials in an appendix);
5.8. Appendix 5, Part I and Part II indicating where in the student handbook(s) required standards are addressed and where specific files, etc are located on site;
5.9 Self study that includes description and documentation of self study process and methodology:
a. rationale and objectives for CPE at the center.
b. summary of institutional changes since last annual report
c. evaluation of administrative structure and support needed to meet ACPE standards and center’s capacity to meet them, including description of professional advisor group’s involvement.
d. review and update of curriculum based on ACPE standards (ACPE Standards 309-319
e. evaluation of effectiveness and function of clinical and educational resources.
f. review and update of policies and procedures needed for function of CPE programs.
g. analysis and report of program completion rates and student achievements. (Appendix 6 C Sample Report of Student Completion Rates and Achievements); must include analysis of data from threshold reports and how it is being used
h. summary of outcomes from on-going program evaluations and changes made in response to consumer feedback
i. assessment of overall compliance with ACPE standards for each specific CPE program
j. how center has processed and/or resolved complaints filed by students
k. assessment of strengths and limitations of center and each CPE program, identifying unique qualities of the center and the educational programs, including limitations.
l. review and revision of student handbook for the program(s) (Appendix 5, Part I).
m. changes proposed as result of self study
n. center’s future plans.
*5.11 Feasibility study if no prior accreditation. Description and documentation of Feasibility Study process and methodology:
a. how key personnel, e.g., staff, administration, professional consultation group, were familiarized with the ACPE organization, ACPE 2016 Standards and 2016 Accreditation Manual;
b. rationale and objectives for adding a CPE program (or Supervisory CPE program) at the center;
c. administrative structure and support available to meet ACPE standards and center’s capacity to meet the standards; include description of professional advisory committee’s involvement;
d. curriculum based on ACPE standards (See ACPE Standards 309-319
e. clinical and educational resources;
f. policies and procedures needed for function of CPE programs;
g. how center plans to comply with ACPE standards (do not repeat material in student handbook);
h. assessment of overall potential for compliance with ACPE standards for each specific CPE program;
i. strengths and limitations of proposed center and each CPE program identifying unique qualities (including limitations) of the center and the educational programs; include changes proposed as a result of the feasibility study;
j. center’s future plans.
6. A copy of required materials sent to each member of the site visit team 45 days (postmarked) prior to site visit.