A clinical placement is a ministry site for CPE student(s), external to an Accredited Member center or satellite program, established by formal agreement that meets all or part of the requirements for a student(s)’ supervised clinical practice of ministry.
The placement agreement is established between an accredited member center or satellite program and another institution or agency.
1. The Accredited Member or Satellite Program must complete a clinical placement agreement when students’ ministry site is external to the Accredited center or satellite. The agreement must include the following descriptions or details:
- grants authorization for ACPE Certified Educator(s) and student(s) to function in the clinical site and provide ministry.
- specifies the required number of contact hours that will fulfill in whole or part requirements of ACPE standards for supervised clinical practice of ministry.
- ensures students’ access to a population that offers significant opportunity for ministry, on-going support and consultation for the student(s), opportunities for interdisciplinary and professional interchange, and an environment that encourages human growth and dignity.
- is signed by the administrative representative from each organization and the ACPE Certified Educator(s).
- specifies that programming for CPE units must be based in the Accredited Member center or satellite program.
2. The Accredited Member Center or Satellite Program must report annually about any clinical placements that are used. The Accredited Member or Satellite Program will list all clinical placement agreements in the center’s Annual Report.