The Enthusiast Network (formerly Source Interlink Media) is rolling out a new editorial production tool called ICE. As a freelancer, you will have the opportunity to agree to the Contributor Agreement, receive assignments, submit content, and eventually track payments within the system. This cheat sheet is designed to provide a quick tutorial on using ICE.
Accessing the ICE system
- You should have received an email from your primary editorial contact requesting freelance information and a completed tax form. Submit the information along with a signed and completed tax form directly to email@example.com. In approximately 1-2 days, you will receive an ICE welcome email containing credentials and web links to access and use the system.
- When logging in for the first time, you will be asked to agree to the Contributor Agreement. A link will be provided so that you may review the contract before agreeing. Note: By agreeing, you will not need to physically sign any contracts and are agreeing to the Agreement electronically.
- The initial Home Page screen will display any recent assignments & task(s) that have been assigned to you.
- When an editor creates an assignment, you will automatically receive email notifications
- Log into ICE to view the details of the assignment. Click the link within the email notification or within ICE, go to Contract> Assignments. Feel free to contact your assigning editor directly with any questions related to the assignment.
Submitting articles and images
Once you are ready to submit articles, images, videos, etc., click the Associated Content Item link in your assignment or go to Content> Content Items and choose the associated Content Item from the list.
Submitting images & videos
- Click on the Related Assets tab
- Click Add to launch the Photo Portal upload window in a new browser tab/window. Photo Portal is our Image Asset Manager.
- Drag-and-drop images into the upload area and click upload
- Keep the upload tab/window open until the upload is complete. Upon completion, you may close the tab/window to return to ICE.
Submitting Word documents
- You may upload office-type documents such as article text in Word format, spreadsheets, etc.
- Click the Related Documents tab
- Click Add Document
Marking tasks as complete
- After completing a task, it is necessary to mark it as complete to automatically notify the appropriate editor
- Choose a Tasks in the ICE menu. A list current tasks will be displayed. If you are unable to see tasks listed, check your task filters to view all tasks.
- Select the appropriate task and click Complete Task
Releases, expenses & payment status
- Go to Contract> Assignments and select the appropriate assignment
- Choose the Related Releases tab and click Add Release to upload associated releases for the assignment. Blank release forms can be found at http://procedures.sourceinterlinkmedia.com/freelance/
- Choose the Related Expenses tab at the bottom and click Add Expense to upload invoices, related receipts, or other expense related document
- To view payment information, choose the Related Payments tab and select a payment
- Links to agreements & releases can be found at: http://procedures.sourceinterlinkmedia.com/freelance/
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support