With the majority of titles posting content Web First, it will be necessary to create your buyouts primarily within your WEB projects. For content that is “Print Only” or “Print & Online” you should create a buyout within your Print project. Your content item should be associated with the same web project month as its web publish date. If the content item goes live in March, 2017, it should be associated with the 170300 web project.
- Open the corresponding project associated with the Freelance assignments
- In the Project Details page, click or scroll down to the Assignments area
- In the Assignments area, all freelance assignments associated with this project will be listed. Note the status column showing whether payments have already been created for each assignment. Select one or more assignments to be paid by checking the box next to the assignment name, then click Start Payment.
- A Create Payment window will appear. Select the Platform Exclusivity and Expense type and then verify, edit, and/or input the payment amount, accounting codes, vendor invoice number (if supplied) and description for each payment entry.
- Click the Submit button to save and submit the buyout for approval
- Once submitted, the Project Detail page will appear. New payments will be displayed in the Payments area. For each entry, the current approver, next approver, and payment status is also displayed along with other payment information.
- Payment entries can be edited by selecting one or more entries and clicking Edit. Please note that only ICE administrators can edit payment amounts.