If you purchased a 1Password for Windows license…
In 2013 or later: You’re entitled to a free upgrade to version 4! In the main 1Password program, choose Help > Enter License Key, and (if it’s blank) use your existing 1Password 1 license key.
In 2012 or earlier: Continuing to use all the great features of this new version beyond the free trial period requires that you upgrade your 1Password license in our online store.
- In the main 1Password program, choose Help > Enter License Key, and click the Replace License button.
- In the dialog box that appears, carefully select your entire license key, and press Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard.
Tip: For your convenience, leave the dialog box open.
- In a web browser, visit agilebits.com/store.
- Under 1Password for Windows, find Upgrade License, and click the Select button below that label.
- On the page that appears, paste your full license key into the “code” field, and click the Search button.
- Find the upgrade you wish to purchase—single-user or family, Windows or Mac+Windows “bundle“—and click the Select button below that label.
- Confirm your selection and the purchase price; then click the Check Out Now button, and follow the instructions for payment.
- In the e-mail message that you receive from us, carefully select your entire license key; then press Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard.
- Back in the Enter License Key dialog box, clear the existing key, and press Ctrl+V to paste your new key in its place.
- Click the OK and Close buttons to finish the process.
If you have any problems entering your license key, please contact the Support team.
We recommend you uninstall 1Password 1 before running the 1Password 4 installer. (The steps are essentially the same as for 1Password 4.)
Note: Installing the new 4.x browser extensions should include reminders to remove any previous (3.x) versions.