Click here for a fillable and printable version of Checklist
1. Area Accreditation Chair consulted before beginning accreditation process.
2. Notify ACPE of intent to begin accreditation process (Accreditation Review Request and Face Sheet, Appendix 3) with a copy to ACPE Accreditation Commission Chair and Area Accreditation Chair (at least four months prior to anticipated site visit).
3. Statement received from ACPE that all fees are paid and center is in good financial standing.
4. Documentation (required of freestanding centers only)
- in good standing (no adverse actions pending or taken) with state or other accrediting agencies.
- board of directors with community representation. financially stable.
- own or rent space from which center operates.
5. Self-study and other required materials completed. Self-study is in the form of a proposal demonstrating how the system center will organize itself through a central administrative structure and assure consistent communications, consistent practice, and accountability at the component sites.
5.1 Self study that includes description and documentation of self study process and methodology:
a. rationale and objectives for CPE at the center.
b. summary of institutional changes since last annual report
c. evaluation of administrative structure and support needed to meet ACPE standards and center’s capacity to meet them, including description of professional advisor group’s involvement.
d. review and update of curriculum based on ACPE standards (ACPE Standards 309-319
e. evaluation of effectiveness and function of clinical and educational resources.
f. review and update of policies and procedures needed for function of CPE programs.
g. analysis and report of program completion rates and student achievements. (Appendix 6 C Sample Report of Student Completion Rates and Achievements); must include analysis of data from threshold reports and how it is being used
h. summary of outcomes from on-going program evaluations and changes made in response to consumer feedback
i. assessment of overall compliance with ACPE standards for each specific CPE program
j. how center has processed and/or resolved complaints filed by students
k. assessment of strengths and limitations of center and each CPE program, identifying unique qualities of the center and the educational programs, including limitations.
l. review and revision of student handbook for the program(s) (Appendix 5, Part I).
m. changes proposed as result of self study
n. center’s future plans.
- Feasibility study if no previous accreditation status.
5.2. Description and documentation of Feasibility Study process and methodology:
a. how key personnel, e.g., staff, administration, professional consultation group, were familiarized with ACPE organization, ACPE 2016 Standards and 2016 Accreditation Manual;
b. rationale and objectives for adding a CPE program (or Certified Educator CPE program) at the center;
c. administrative structure and support available to meet ACPE Standards and center’s capacity to meet the standards; include description of professional advisory committee’s involvement;
d. curriculum based on ACPE standards (See ACPE Standards 309-319
e. clinical and educational resources;
f. policies and procedures needed for function of CPE programs;
g. how center plans to comply with ACPE standards (do not repeat material in student handbook);
h. assessment of overall potential for compliance with ACPE standards for each specific CPE program;
i. strengths and limitations of proposed center and each CPE program identifying unique qualities (including limitations) of the center and the educational programs; include changes proposed as a result of the feasibility study;
j. center’s future plans.